The 2011 International BoatBuilders' Exhibition and Conference, which runs Oct. 17-19 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville, is presenting several new additions, can't-miss events and returning favorites, including an expansive seminar series and the annual Industry Breakfast.
Here’s a snapshot of IBEX 2011 highlights:
• Annual IBEX Industry Breakfast: This year’s Industry Breakfast, set for Oct. 17, features keynote speaker Mikki Williams, who is ranked alongside Lou Holtz and Bill Gates as one of the top speakers in America. Preceding Williams’ address will be an opening from National Marine Manufacturers Association president Thom Dammrich, followed by presentations for the Marine Hall of Fame Award, the Alan J. Freedman Award, the Mel Barr Award and the 2011 IBEX Innovation Awards.
• Opening Night Party,Fourth Street Live: Exhibitors and attendees are invited to enjoy downtime and network with colleagues from across the industry at Louisville’s premier entertainment district. Drink and dinner specials will be offered to IBEX badge holders at several restaurants and bars on Fourth Street; outdoor live music will be provided by The Magic Mama Band.
• Green Marine Route: Looking to work with more environmentally conscious companies? The Green Marine Route includes exhibitors offering environmentally or eco-friendly products. Products included in the route are either USDA bio-preferred; listed on the EPA Design For Environment list; have an EPA Green Check; or have the “Green Seal” rating (paints and solvents).
• NMEA 2000 ConnectFest: Visitors to the 2011 show will see firsthand how electronic devices operate on the National Marine Electronics Association's 2000 network. ConnectFest is an opportunity to see Open Source navigation and control networking in action.
• IBEX 2011 Seminar Series: More than 100 industry authorities will conduct 91 educational seminars — a 30 percent increase from 2010. Fourteen specialized tracks will cover everything from composites methods and materials to survey and repair to boatyard operations; there also will be four new series and the second annual Dealer Development track, sponsored by Soundings Trade Only.
• IBEX Aftermarket Pavilion: Attendees are invited to see and shop for the newest marine aftermarket products. Hundreds of new innovations are unveiled each year and shown first at IBEX. Attendees can conduct strategic discussions, business reviews and negotiations with suppliers; get up to date with changing industry trends; and attend seminars that will introduce new technologies, products and services to marine dealers and distributors. The aftermarket pavilion is sponsored by Soundings Trade Only.
IBEX is owned and produced by the NMMA and Professional BoatBuilder magazine.