In addition to a seminar series that offers 55 seminars, this year’s International BoatBuilders' Exhibition & Conference will include nine Super Sessions on Sept. 29 and an additional 21 exhibitor workshops that will be offered throughout the show on the exhibit floor.
IBEX will be held Sept. 29-Oct. 2 at the Tampa (Fla.) Convention Center.
"The Super Sessions we are offering this year are amazing. They bring IBEX education to another level," IBEX show director Anne Dunbar said in a statement.
"These are intensive full- and half-day in-depth sessions offered by leading marine experts. And for the attendees who can't commit to an entire day, the new Exhibitor Workshop Theater located in the exhibit hall will feature dozens of IBEX exhibitors presenting free live workshops every hour all three days of the show."
The American Boat Builders & Repairers Association will offer four training and certification Super Sessions on Sept. 29:
• ABBRA Marine Equipment Operator Training & Certification Forklift Safety Courses
• ABBRA Marine Equipment Operator Training & Certification Forklift & Straddlelift Safety Courses
• ABBRA Boatyard Study Tour
• ABBRA Marine Equipment Operator Training & Certification Straddlelift Safety Courses
"We are excited to offer ABBRA's Boatyard Tour and our Forklift & Straddlelift safety courses as part of IBEX and believe they are perfect supplements to what is one of the industry's most comprehensive marine trade events. The tours will highlight several Tampa/St. Petersburg area working boatyards and serve as a roving laboratory for discussions on the business of boatyard operations. The safety classes will offer attendees the opportunity to get their OSHA classroom instruction portion for straddlelift and forklift certification. These offerings are directly in sync with IBEX attendees' needs," ABBRA executive director Gordon Connell said.
Other Super Sessions include:
• NMEA 2000: Saving Time, Money and Resources with a Connected Boat from the Factory
• Composites Consulting Group Building: VIP Boats: A Comprehensive Overview of Vacuum Infusion for Marine Applications
• SNAME Designing and Testing for Stability: Applying the Newest Standards to Powerboat Designs
• Composites One: I've Made the Decision to Convert to Closed Molding. Now What?
The complete education schedule is available at www.ibexshow.com/education.