Organizers say thousands of new products, advanced processes and impressive innovations will be offered at the 2014 International BoatBuilders' Exhibition & Conference.
Industry professionals will see the latest from more than 550 exhibiting companies at the Sept. 30-Oct. 2 event, which will be held at the Tampa (Fla.) Convention Center.
Organizers said there are a record number of nominees for the conference’s annual Innovation Awards this year.
"With almost 90 nominees, a 43 percent increase, for this year's Innovation Awards and a significant number of our exhibitors showcasing new products, technologies and services, IBEX will set the stage for innovation in the marine industry," IBEX show director Anne Dunbar said in a statement. "Seven out of 10 attending companies base their purchasing decisions on what they see at IBEX, and there will be no shortage of new products and services for them to choose from."
The best new innovations in marine product development will be recognized at the Industry Breakfast & Innovation Awards presentation on Sept. 30 from 7:30 to 9:30 a.m.
Here are some of the products IBEX exhibitors will display:
• ASA Electronics, Booth 222: The company will introduce several new state-of-the-art audio and electronic marine entertainment options guaranteed to survive any rough waters it may encounter.
• Awlgrip North America, Booth 1224: AWLGRIP's new Awlwood gives an exceptional finish lasting as much as four times longer than a traditional premium yacht varnish.
• Boatlife Division of Life Industries, Booth 841: BOATLIFE has developed Graphix Wax, a non-degradable wax product without solvents or petroleum products to use on boats with costly graphics.
• Broodle Brands, Booth 2520: Two new drink docks: Bev Dock holds and insulates a wide range of can and bottle sizes to prevent drinks from wobbling insecurely; Unimount is a magnetically detachable base that keeps drinks within reach for places that do not already have a drink holder.
• Glamox Aqua Signal Corp., Booth 814: LED Underwater/Multi-Purpose Light, the perfect mount solution for LED lighting for extreme environments above or below the waterline.
• OceanLED, Booth 342: OceanLED introduces the innovative and bold design of the Amphibian Pro Xtreme Series underwater lights, which provide extraordinary energy savings with game-changing LED innovation, delivering exceptional control and hands-free limitless color-change ability for all styles of boats.
• Oceanmat, Booth 2518: Oceanmat provides premium non-slip, customizable EVA marine decking that can be used in interior and exterior applications.
• Rigid Industries, Booth 1018: The new Deluxe Docking Light Kit is available in Surface and Stealth mounting options and features Rigid's marine-grade SR-M2 LED light.
• Safashor Products, Booth 2513: Safashor is a new boarding device that will revolutionize boarding, allowing boarders to safely board and disembark.
• Skudo, Booth 2410: Skudo will launch solutions for protecting marine surfaces, including Deck Defend and Tack-Mat products, which will alleviate repairs and cleaning time due to damage and accidents that can occur during boat build, refit, transport or storage.
• Syntec Industries LLC, Booth 1217: ReFlex Nonskid Traction Pad, a traction pad that provides an exceptional flooring and step-covering alternative.
• Taco Metals Inc., Booth 1433: New ratchet hinges are constructed from high-grade stainless steel and brass.
• Whale Seaward Inc., Booth 615: The Whale 12V Water Heater is ideal for outboards because it connects to a 12V power supply; there is no need for a generator or inverter. And Whale Seaward's new Touch Control Electric Cooktops from Whale are specifically designed for marine conditions and simple to use, with light-up displays allowing for heat level monitoring.