The International BoatBuilders’ Exhibition and Conference announced its lineup of free educational opportunities for attendees.
“For this year’s IBEX we are offering 16 exhibitor workshops on a wide range of subjects,” Carl Cramer, IBEX co-director and publisher of Professional BoatBuilder magazine, said in a statement. “These sessions are led by factory experts, who will answer your questions on new technologies, techniques, materials, processes and services.”
Workshops scheduled for IBEX 2012 include:
• Rhino and Orca3D: 3-D Modeling and Naval Architecture — Robert McNeel & Associates
• Online Electrical Design Tools to Safely Select the Correct Wire, Fuse and Fuse Holder — Blue Sea Systems Inc.
• Fresh-Water Management Systems — Whale Water Systems Inc.
• 3M Gelcoat Restoration and Finishing System — 3M Marine
• Networking for Marine Industry Trainers and Educators — Marine Industry Training and Education Council
• Flex Molding: The Next Generation of Reusable Bag Molding — Composites One
• Standards Gone Wild — American Boat and Yacht Council
• Improving Your Manufacturing Process with Adhesive Technologies — ITW Plexus
• The Many Benefits of Remote Battery Management, at Little to No Extra Cost — Blue Sea Systems Inc.
• Getting More Bang for Your Infusion Buck — Composites Consulting Group
• Choosing the Coating that Is Best Suited for the Project — Alexseal Yacht Coatings
• How to Successfully Market Your Shrinkwrap Services — Dr. Shrink
• Making Money with Meds Check — CDI Electronics Inc.
• Fine-Tuning Perfect Presentations — ProBoat E-Training
• Strength by Design — Diab Sales Inc.
• Measurement Solutions for the Marine Fabricator in the 21st Century — Prodim USA
“There is no cost to attend these sessions, but registration is required,” Cramer said in a statement. “Online pre-registration only takes a few minutes and may save you a considerable amount of time waiting in line at the registration desk on opening day.”
Free registration also includes admission to the exhibition hall, where more than 500 OEM and aftermarket suppliers will be previewing their new products for 2013, as well as the new social media lounge, compliance and regulatory pavilion, NMEA ConnectFest, outdoor hands-on demonstrations, Tuesday Night Fourth Street Party and Wednesday Night IBEX Bourbon Experience.
IBEX 2012 will take place Oct 2-4 at the Kentucky Exposition Center in Louisville.