The International Marina & Boatyard Conference has posted a call for presenters on its website.
The conference will take place at the Broward County Convention Center in Fort Lauderdale January 23-25, 2019.
All submissions are due May 18 and presentations should be designed for entry-level to advanced levels of experience without promoting a company or product. Submissions received will be evaluated by IMBC and assigned to one of more than 25 breakout sessions and seminars.
The sessions are organized within the tracks currently being offered by IMBC including operations, boatyard and service, marina design and engineering and IMBC extra (for general best business practices and leadership).
Examples of prior breakout sessions are as follows:
- marina operations
- hurricane preparedness
- planning for a successful dredging project
- legal considerations for marinas on federally leased lands
- upcoming changes to marina electrical safety
- social media and digital marketing
- how a boat club can boost your bottom line
- revenue generation
- failing seawalls
- new environmental products
- building your best team
- managing millennials
- marina law/risk management/best practices