The National Marine Manufacturers Association and Boating Writers International announced the judges for the 2010 IBEX Innovation Awards, which will be presented during the coming International Boat Builders' Exhibition & Conference.
Award winners will be recognized at 7:30 a.m. Sept. 28 during the annual IBEX Industry Breakfast at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
This is the eighth year since the NMMA and Professional BoatBuilder magazine combined resources to jointly produce what has become the marine industry's largest trade show.
The Innovation Awards judges' committee is composed of BWI members who perform product testing throughout the year and have specific expertise in marine OEM products and equipment. The committee is chaired by Alan Wendt, editor of Marine CEO.
Rounding out the panel of judges for this year's IBEX Innovation Awards are:
- Zuzana Prochazka, editor, TalkoftheDock.com; technical editor, Latitudes & Attitudes; and blogger for Boatermouth.com
- Frank Lanier, marine surveyor and contributor to Practical Sailor and Southern Boating
- Dave Mull, editor, Great Lakes Angler
- Alan Jones, executive editor, Boating World magazine
- Tom Tripp, freelancer, publisher and editor, OceanLines
- Chris Caswell, author and senior editor, Yachting Magazine
The NMMA and BWI will recognize as many as 13 new products, plus one Environmental Award, at IBEX 2010.
Exhibiting companies can submit products for consideration in the following categories:
- Boatbuilding Methods and Materials
- Deck Equipment and Hardware
- Furnishings & Interior Parts
- Mechanical Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Inboard Engines
- Outboard Engines
- Boatyard Hardware
- Propulsion Parts, Propellers
- Boat Care and Maintenance
- OEM Electronics
- Trailers, Parts and Trailer Accessories
- Safety Equipment
The submission deadline for entries is Sept. 2.