Judges were named for the International BoatBuilders' Exhibition and Conference Innovation Awards, which acknowledge the importance of technological advancement in the marine industry.
IBEX exhibitors are welcome to enter their new products in the competition, which are judged by a panel of industry experts from Boating Writers International and presented during the annual industry breakfast from 7:30 - 9:30 a.m. on Sept. 30 at the Tampa Convention Center.
The awards honor achievement in product development in 13 areas of the marine industry, including boatbuilding methods and materials, inboard and outboard engines, hardware, interior parts and furnishings, OEM electronics, boatyard and dealer hardware and software, and safety equipment.
Deadline to enter is Aug. 29
The panel of BWI judges for the 2014 IBEX Innovation Awards includes:
• Bill Bishop, writer for publications including The Marine Installers Rant online blog
• Ben Ellison, editor of Panbo.com, whose works can also be found in Power and Motoryacht magazine, Sail, Soundings, Passagemaker, and Yachts International
• Brady Kay, editor for Pontoon & Deckboat magazine and Houseboat magazine
• Beth Leonard, director of technical services for BoatU.S. and the editor of Seaworthy
• Mark Masciarotte, principal of DSG Associates, a consultancy specializing in the construction of custom yachts and small commercial vessels.
• Awards Chair - Zuzana Prochazka, writer and photographer who freelances for a dozen boating magazines and websites including BoatU.S., SAIL, Sea, Yachtworld, and Boats.com.
• Judy Waldman, president of JW Yachts, who writes of her journeys and reviews boats in Yacht Forums.com and online blogs.