The Bay Bridge Boat Show is adding a new theme this year.
The April 11-13 event will feature several hundred new and brokerage boats and introduce dozens of family activities.
Produced by the Annapolis Boat Shows, the Bay Bridge Boat Show will feature boats of all sizes, from luxury yachts to fishing boats and inflatables, and several pro surf shops will exhibit.
A free barbecue bash will open the show on April 11 at 5 p.m. and feature live entertainment.
Show-goers are encouraged to spend the weekend on Kent Island with special reduced two-day tickets available and discounted show rates at the Best Western Kent Narrows Inn.
Special events include:
• On-site parking for attendees ($3 donation to Kent Island High School athletic boosters)
• Free barbecue and music on Friday at 5 p.m. for attendees and exhibitors
• Discounted show rates at the Best Western Kent Narrows Inn
• Demo boat rides
• The Rachel Carson, the University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science's 81-foot Chesapeake Bay research vessel, will be available for tours
• The U.S. Power Squadrons will offer a boating safety course for children on Saturday
• Kids’ area with face painting and a moon bounce
• A food court with wood-fired pizza, gourmet hot dogs and ice cream
• Shore Tackle & Custom Rods will offer fishing, fly-fishing and rod-building demonstrations
• Radio-controlled boats will be available for family fun, courtesy of Sea Ray
• Mantra-fit will hold daily yoga exercise classes on small surfboards and hourly in-water demonstrations of a paddleboard fitness program