The Marine Equipment Trade Show said it added capacity with a new hall for 2016 at the RAI Amsterdam convention center because more than three-quarters of the space had been booked eight months out.
The superyacht pavilion and the marina and yard pavilion will expand for METS Trade, which will run from Nov. 15-17.
The changes include:
- Halls 4 and 5 merge to form Hall 5
- Atrium lobby becomes Hall 4
- Hall 9 becomes Hall 11
- Hall 11 becomes Hall 12
- Expansion of the superyacht pavilion to take full halls 10 and 11 (former Hall 9)
- DAME presentation and Innovation Lab centralized in Hall 6 hub
- Marina and yard pavilion from Europe Foyer to Hall 5
- VIP lounge moves to Europe Foyer
- Sushi bar moves to Hall 7.
Organizers said nearly 22,000 visitors — a record number — attended the 2015 edition of METS.