Short-listed nominations for the second Boat Builder Awards for Business Achievement in association with Raymarine were announced and 22 companies are in the running to pick up an award.
Organizers said the event was contested across eight award categories this year. Nearly 100 nominations were received.
Winners and nominees receiving honorable mention will be announced at a gala dinner Nov. 16 at the National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam. Between 250 and 300 guests are expected to attend the event at the museum’s central courtyard.
The short list is:
- Retail Marketing Initiative: Ferretti Group, Sea Ray and Quicksilver.
- Boat Builder International Distributor and Dealer Development: Axopar; Larson Boat Group; and Galeon.
- Boat Builder and Equipment Manufacturer Collaborative Solution: Lewmar/NV Equipment/Beneteau; Armer Yachts/Volvo Penta; and Azimut Benetti/Rolls-Royce.
- Best Apprenticeship Scheme: Berthon; Sunseeker International; and Pendennis.
- Innovative Onboard Design Solution: Ferretti Yachts; MasterCraft; and Malibu Boats.
- Innovative Production System: Axopar; Azimut Yachts; and Vripack.
- Environmental Initiative Award: Alerion Yachts; Blue Gas Inc.; and SES Europe.
“The event promises to be even bigger and better than last year,” IBI publishing director Nick Hopkinson said in a statement. “The standard of entries continues to impress, and in some cases the judging panel found picking an outright winner tough. That said, winners have been chosen for what promises to be a memorable night.”
Now in its second year, the Boat Builder Awards for Business Achievement is jointly organized by International Boating Industry magazine and the METS Trade Show.
“It feels only fitting that as the industry emerges from some tough years that we can celebrate those individuals and companies positively transforming the way the marine business operates,” METS Trade maritime manager Irene Dros said. “We look forward to honoring their best practices, innovations and can-do spirit.”