The Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport (R.I.) International Boat Show, announced the winners of this year’s Edson Awards for Excellence in Portraying Company Image.
Presented by Edson International president Will Keene and given to companies whose display and employees exemplify pride and professionalism, the awards were presented to four category winners.
Each received a $1,000 credit toward their 2015 show contract costs. Edson also awarded a Star of the Show plaque to an overall winner.
The 2014 awardees were:
• Best In-Water Powerboat Display: The Hinckley Co./Hunt Yachts
• Best In-Water Sailboat Display: Beneteau America/Jeanneau America
• Best Land Display: Zim Sailing
• Best Booth Display: Dubarry of Ireland (USA)
• Best Overall Display and Edson Star of the Show award: The Hinckley Co./Hunt Yachts
“Overall, the exhibitors at the 44th annual Newport International Boat Show delivered a high level of professionalism. It was very difficult to choose the best displays,” Keane said. “Exhibits were judged by an independent group and assessed on cohesive branding throughout; eye-catching and inviting setup; well-dressed, friendly, knowledgeable staff; brochures and business cards readily available; a neat and clean environment; and no smartphone use in their booths.”
The four-day Newport show ended Sunday. It was held along the city’s waterfront on America’s Cup Avenue.