NEWPORT, R.I. — The Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport International Boat Show, today announced the results of this year’s Newport For New Products Awards.
Judged Thursday during the opening day of the show and announced at an awards ceremony today, the winners of the ninth annual NFNP awards are:
• Best New Navigation Product — ForwardScan presented by B&G
• Best New Boating Operation, Maintenance or Safety Product — Wireless LED Lights presented by Nightwatch Marine
• Best New Sailboat 30 feet and Over — Gunboat 55, presented by Gunboat
• Best New Sailboat Under 30 feet — Wanderer, presented by Zim Sailing
• Best New Powerboat 30 feet and Over — True North 34 Outboard Express, presented by US Watercraft
• Best New Powerboat Under 30 feet — Vanquish 26, presented by Vanquish Boats
• People’s Choice Award — Gunboat 55, presented by Gunboat
A highlight of the industry, award contest entries were open to domestic and foreign products launched in the United States after April 1 that made their boat show debut at Newport. Show attendees selected the People’s Choice Award winner; all other category winners were selected by a team of industry experts on the basis of innovation, value to the consumer, safety and aesthetics.
“We were extremely impressed by the number and quality of entries this year,” Newport Exhibition Group show director Nancy Piffard said in a statement. “This is a new record for the Newport for New Products program and we are pleased to have these boats and products represent all of the new and exciting introductions at the Newport International Boat Show.”