The National Marine Manufacturers Association ended its winter show season on a high note with a 14 percent increase in attendance at the Northwest Sportshow, which ran through Sunday in Minneapolis.
The association said 37,011 attended the event.
The NMMA previously reported increases in attendance at 10 of its other winter shows, while four shows had flat attendance or saw single-digit declines.
Shows that saw increases were:
- Nashville Boat & Sportshow (5 percent)
- Atlanta Boat Show (1 percent)
- Kansas City Boat & Sportshow (7 percent)
- Minneapolis Boat Show (26 percent)
- Louisville Boat, RV & Sportshow (9 percent)
- Strictly Sail Chicago (2 percent)
- Atlantic City Boat Show (114 percent)
- St. Louis Boat & Sportshow (9 percent)
- Miami International Boat Show (12 percent)
- New England Boat Show (5 percent)
The Baltimore Boat Show broke even with 2010 attendance; the Chicago Boat, RV & Outdoors Show was down 7 percent; the New York Boat Show was down 6 percent; and Strictly Sail Miami was down 8 percent, compared with 2009.