The third annual Progressive San Francisco Boat Show is moving its dates so the show can take place during the Jan. 15-18 Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend.
Highlights of the 2016 show at McCovey Cove and Pier 48 include:
- On-water boating lessons: Discover Boating hands-on skills training for powerboats and sailing lessons from Coast Guard-licensed captains
- Tool time: Fred’s Shed, an interactive DIY garage with experts teaching boat maintenance and repair
- Hundreds of boats, including luxury yachts, watersports and fishing boats, sailboats, pontoons, dinghies, kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddle boards and cruisers
- Sail away: free lessons from experts on a sailboat that imitates the wind and waves indoors
- Kids’ Zone: A bigger and better Kids’ Zone at Pier 48 with activities that include toy boat building.