The St. Petersburg Power and Sailboat Show, the largest in-water boat show on Florida's Gulf Coast, is set to take place Dec. 3-6 at the Duke Energy Center for the Arts and the Mahaffey Theater Yacht Basin and Albert Whitted Park along the St. Petersburg waterfront.
Entering its 38th year, the boat show will feature powerboats, sailboats and the latest marine electronics and accessories.
"The St. Pete boating community is known for bringing great energy to this boat show," Brett Keating, vice president of consumer marketing for show producer Show Management, said in a statement. "We're looking forward to engaging our community partners and serving up some fun in the sun."
- Free children’s fishing lessons on Dec. 5 and 6, with Capt. Don Dingman’s “Hook the Future” classes. Participating kids, ages 4 to 15, will receive a free rod-and-reel combo and the chance to win great prizes from brands that include Salt Life, Bimini Bay Outfitters, Eagle Claw, C&H Lures, MirrOlure and Fishbites Ande Monofilament.
- Sails Up on-the-water with Discover Sailing with certified instructors from the American Sailing Association. Clinics include introduction to sailing, a taste of sailing, catamaran sailing and anchoring instruction.
- Couples can stay aboard a 50-foot sailboat for one night during the show. Disembarking from the show, guests will enjoy a private sunset cruise for two overlooking the Tampa Bay skyline and a toast to the special event with their favorite wine or champagne and a basket full of gourmet treats.
- Following the sunset cruise, the yacht will berth at the Vinoy Marina, where the participating couples will have access to amenities at the Vinoy Renaissance Resort. The following morning, the captain will return to the boat to comfortably cruise back to the show. Space is limited to one couple per evening; Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights only. The spots will be booked on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost is $350 per couple. To register, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The show's floating cocktail lounge offers a shaded place at the center of the boat show to cool off, grab a snack and enjoy live music and views of the show.
- On Dec. 5, for the 14th year in a row, the Cruiser's Party, presented by Cruising Outpost Magazine, is set to take place on the Gosling's & Budweiser Floating Cocktail Lounge inside the show. The party will feature The Eric Stone Band, prizes, pizza and refreshments. Guests must be inside the show's gates prior to 7 p.m. to attend the event.
- A selection of marine-related books will be on display at the Author's Corner, where guests will have the opportunity to meet and mingle with their favorite writers.