The 13th annual Superyacht Industry Rendezvous opens today with an open house at the Newport (R.I.) Yacht Center, followed by a buffet dinner at the Hyatt Pavilion overlooking Narragansett Bay. It runs through Thursday.
Each day there are events on land and water, including:
• Match racing on 12-Meter sailboats
• A scavenger hunt by tender
• Cirque du Soleil-themed dinner at a private jet hangar
• A clam bake on historic Rose Island
• Cocktail cruise and waterfront pub crawl
• Private concert by the James Montgomery Band
• Gatsby-themed lunch and croquet tournament at a local mansion
• Luncheon and tennis at the Tennis Hall of Fame
• Barbecue and live entertainment at a private mansion
Transportation is provided to all activities by old-fashioned trollies. The event is free for all brokers and employed large yacht captains.