Good timing isn’t everything. It’s the only thing.
So it is with the recently released MRAA’s Guide to Boat Show Success, a good read for every dealer, manufacturer and any other boat-show exibitor trying to navigate into 2021 amid the Covid-19 crisis.
The focus of the guide is to present tools, expert advice and proven examples of how to be succesful in the 2021 boat-show season, with or without in-person events. It attempts to walk readers through a successful show season in nearly 60 pages of content, including dealer case studies and lessons learned from virtual events.
“As we enter 2021, dealers and manufacturers have many questions surrounding the uncertainty of boat shows, whether in-person or online,” MRAA president Matt Gruhn says. “The Guide To Boat Show Success is … a manual, complete with authentic case studies and best practices, that dealers can turn to for help in navigating events, customer relations and marketing efforts with precision and direction for a more successful show season.”
The guide includes high-level business advice from top experts in the marine industry. Clearly, the unprecedented events of 2020 forced dealers to be more flexible, proactive and adaptive to uncertainty. Now the big question is how to best sustain the high level of boat sales enjoyed last year.
The guide provides a solid source for developing a road map for continued growth. Key topics include:
• How to make the most of a partner-produced virtual boat show.
• How to approach your show if it retains an in-person format.
• How to ensure digital marketing success regardless of what happens with shows.
• Considerations to make if exploring your own virtual boat show.
• The importance of digital communication channels.
• Using 3-D camera technology to build videos and virtual boat shows.
• Marketing in a post-pandemic and pro-digital era.
• New boater marketing and communication initiatives.
• Assets and tools to instill confidence and market awareness.
The guide was made possible by Discover Boating, according to Ellen Bradley, senior vice president of marketing and communications at the National Marine Manufacturers Association.
“Historically speaking,” Bradley says, “boat shows have been the lifeblood of the industry, in terms of generating exposure for manufacturers, brands and dealers, as well as representing marketing and revenue-generating programs. We’re pleased to have helped bring together the significant expertise to help boat businesses of all kinds make important decisions about their shows and bolster their preparedness and success in the year ahead.”
This Guide to Boat Show Success was first made available to Dealer Week attendees and is available as an MRAA members-only publication that’s downloadable here