The industry’s annual American Boating Congress opens tomorrow for two days (April 21-22), and all marine trades association leaders and their key dealer members should take advantage and virtually attend both 90-minute sessions.
There is no doubt that all dealers would like to know what may be ahead for their businesses. Moreover, there’s no question that actions taken on the federal level will influence our future, one way or another. Being informed is critical to preparing any dealership’s expectations going forward.
ABC takes place Wednesday, April 21, and Thursday, April 22, from 1:30 to 3 p.m. (ET),
A diverse lineup from the Biden administration and members of the House and Senate are lined up to speak. These include:
• Secretary of the Interior Deb Haaland
• Sen. Angus King (I-Maine)
• Sen. Roger Wicker (R-Miss.)
• Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.-1)
• Rep. Chris Pappas (D-N,H.-01)
• Rep. Pete Stauber (R-Minn.-8)
• Rep. Debbie Dingell (D-Mich.-12)
• Rep. John Katko (R-N.Y.-24)
• Rep. Maria Salazar (R-Fla.-27)
Expected topics of discussion include:
• trade and tariffs and their impact on our supply chain
• outdoor recreation access and infrastructure plans that will directly impact our industry
• conservation and environmental policies that impact our nation’s waterways and the boating lifestyle
• recreational fishing access, which critical to so much of our future boat sales
Get registered today and get informed tomorrow.
And Speaking of Fishing …
It’s one of the nation’s favorite pastimes. It’s definitely No. 1 for our industry. And it’s the No. 1 profit center for hundreds of marine dealers nationwide.
So a well-deserved shout out goes to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration for starting a series of video shorts that focus on saltwater recreational fishing.
Acknowledging that fishing generates billions of dollars in economic activity every year, the NOAA Fisheries videos will focus on how fishing is supported and increased. With a new video released each month, NOAA Fisheries will highlight a range of topics and angling opportunities around the country.
Click here for NOAA’s short video on sustainable recreational fishing.
Are you aware there are regional recreational fishing coordinators who can provide information and receive your input about fishing issues in your area? Click here to contact your regional coordinator.