For dealers with a social media program, here’s an amazing offer to increase your social media success and grow your boat sales. Moreover, there is no cost to you.
I’m talking about the newly-launched social media content resource developed by Discover Boating that’s being made available to the industry including all dealers. Discover Boating can help simplify your social-media efforts with a new resource that provides relevant boating lifestyle content for your Facebook business page. It’s called Get Social with Discover Boating, and it’s now yours.
Like it or not, today’s consumer spends an average of 40 minutes per day on Facebook. It’s also likely that in a Google search of your dealership, your Facebook business page appears in one of the top four positions. There’s no doubt creating and managing social content on your Facebook business page is a significant undertaking. But it’s important to do it well if you’re going to fully benefit from its marketing power.
The Get Social with Discover Boating program offers you a no-cost solution to increase your dealership’s presence and engagement on Facebook. Discover Boating is a resource for boating lifestyle content and program users will have the option to select between social content for the U.S., Canada-English or Canada-French.
The program is professionally managed by LotVantage, a digital marketing software company, overseeing the curation and distribution of the Facebook content from Discover Boating channels in the U.S. and Canada to user accounts.
1. Sign Up: Enroll in the program here: http://info.lotvantage.com/discoverboating. Enter basic information about your dealership that will be shared by DB with LotVantage.
2. Choose Automated or Manual Posting: Gotta love this. Want to set it and forget it? Select the automated posting option and two scheduled boating lifestyle posts per week will automatically appear in your Facebook newsfeed. That alone is an enormous help. But, if you prefer to select a specific post to run when needed, you can choose the manual posting only option to access the content library and manually schedule what will run in your newsfeed. Remember, these are dynamic boating lifestyle pieces.
3. Identify Your Posting Preferences: Select either the U.S., Canada-English or Canada-French posting category. The whole sign-up process takes less than five minutes. Then there’s nothing more that you need to do. LotVantage will send an email with final instructions for getting set up in the program. The email will come from DiscoverBoating@LotVantage.com.
4. Enable Access on Facebook: Regardless of the posting preference you choose, LotVantage will need to request partner access to your Facebook business page. The confirmation email will have detailed, easy to follow instructions on how to accept the request so your posting can begin.
5. Posting Starts: Once on board, and depending on your posting preference, engaging professionally-created boating lifestyle content will be shared on your Facebook business page – automatically or manually. You can even edit the captions to these posts if you desire when they appear on your Facebook timeline.
Important: LotVantage does not take control of your Facebook business page. You continue to maintain it as you are currently doing (posting your own content, photos, comments, etc.). LotVantage will only add Discover Boating content to the feed based on your posting preference selection.
For dealers (in fact, every industry stakeholder), this newest program takes our industry’s entire Grow Boating initiative to a new level of help, literally making it possible for any dealer to increase the power and success of their social media program. And it’s free.
Want more good stuff? Please check in here for next Tuesday’s Dealer Outlook blog when I’ll share how you can tap into even more great materials to grow your dealership’s sales. In the meantime, you can always get lots of helpful information at: GrowBoating.org.