The American Boat Builders & Repairers Association is seeking nominations for its annual awards by Dec. 15.
The awards will be presented during the opening reception of ABBRA’s Annual Meeting & Symposium on Jan. 30 in New Orleans. The ceremony will take place from 5-9 p.m. Jan. 30 at the Hampton Inn and Suites New Orleans-Convention Center. The meeting and symposium will continue on Jan. 31.
The categories are:
- Dennis Snow President’s Award: awarded to an individual or company for outstanding contribution to the boatyard and repair industry.
- Boatyard of the Year: This is given to the service or repair facility that demonstrates excellence in all facets of its company through commitment to customer service, quality workmanship, best business practices, industry standards, professionalism, workforce development and positive vendor relations.
- Boatbuilder of the Year: awarded to a boatbuilding facility that through its commitment to innovation, sound engineering, quality workmanship, teamwork and professional project management has built a vessel that has been successfully launched and whose process and product has made a lasting contribution to the recreational marine industry.
- Commitment to Training: awarded to the service or repair facility that has demonstrated a significant commitment to training and professional development for itself and its employees.
- Excellence in Safety and Environmental Practices: awarded to the boatyard or service facility that has made significant strides in creating a clean, safe and healthy facility for workers and customers.
- Excellence in Customer Care: ABBRA’s newest award recognizes a boatyard or repair facility that has built a successful business by consistently focusing on customer satisfaction.
Click here to make a nomination or to learn more.