One of Florida's oldest marinas was upgraded with the addition of a new section of Unifloat concrete floating dock, Bellingham Marine reports.
The Lauderdale Marina, originally opened in 1948 and located near the famous 17th Street Causeway in Fort Lauderdale, selected Bellingham Marine to provide the fueling facility for the first phase of work in upgrading the fuel dock at the marina.
Lauderdale Marina replaced 151 feet of its existing concrete fixed dock with 151 feet of modern Unifloat concrete floating dock including 36-inch freeboard for large fuel operations on one side and a heavy duty bumper fender system on the opposite side to accommodate smaller vessels.
The existing fuel system was retrofitted while the electrical, fire protection and pumpout systems were upgraded to fit the many users of the facility.
The new portion of the fuel dock was built in honor of Lauderdale Marina founder Bob Cox's vision for the marina.