Our weekly roundup of dealers and distributors includes news from Legendary Marine and Contender, Cannons Marina, Maverick Boat Co., Monterey Boats and Neff Yacht Sales.
Legendary Marine and Contender of Tampa recently opened a new dealership sales and service location in Tampa Bay at the Tampa Harbor Yacht Club.
The new facility joins the Legendary Marine Florida dealership collection, with locations that include Destin, Panama City and Fort Walton Beach, Fla., as well as Gulf Shores, Ala.
Legendary Marine managing partner Fred Pace said the newly expanded sales operation features new-boat sales for Sea Hunt, Everglades, Cobalt, Marquis and Four Winns, in addition to Contender, which is sold on site through Contender of Tampa.
The dealership also offers used, consignment and brokerage boats, along with full-service capability with factory-certified marine and engine mechanics.
“We are very pleased to represent many of the boating industry’s top brands and to expand our dealership sales and service network into Tampa Bay,” Pace said in a statement. “We look forward to becoming actively engaged in the Tampa Bay market and in providing top sales and service to boaters in the area.”
* * *
Cannons Marina, of Longboat Key, Fla., is now an official Jupiter Boats dealer.
“Bringing in a boat line of this quality is always exciting for us. We are so happy we can offer our customers another quality boat like Jupiter Boats,” owner David Miller said in a statement. “We have been talking with them for three years about taking on their boat line. We've watched them grow, but we liked them right out of the gate.”
* * *
Maverick Boat Co., builder of the Maverick, Hewes, Pathfinder and Cobia brands, announced partnerships with the following dealers:
* Annapolis Boat Sales in Chester, Md. (Cobia)
* Bay Marine in Kennesaw, Ga. (Pathfinder and Cobia)
* C Jam Yacht Sales in Somers Point, N.J. (Cobia)
* Garrett’s Marine in Bowlers Wharf, Va. (Cobia)
* GT Marine & Outdoors in Clermont, Fla. (Cobia)
* Gulf Shores Power Sports in Gulf Shores, Ala. (Cobia)
* Hayward Power Sports in Hayward, Wis. (Pathfinder)
* Marathon Boats & Yachts in Marathon, Fla. (Cobia)
* Marine Service Center of Little River in Longs, S.C. (Maverick, Hewes, Pathfinder and Cobia)
* Pelican Marine Center in Hudson, Fla. (Pathfinder)
* Striper Marina in Barrington, R.I. (Cobia)
* Tim’s Marine in Violet, La. (Pathfinder)
* Towne Marine in Bloomsburg, Pa. (Cobia and Pathfinder)
“We are extremely pleased to add these fine retailers to our already top-notch dealer network,” sales director Skip Lyshon said in a statement. “With the addition of these new dealers and the freshness of our products, we are extremely encouraged about the future.”
* * *
Monterey Boats recently recognized its top 10 CSI dealers for earning high marks from their returned surveys for model year 2011.
“With the outstanding dealer network that we currently have in place, coupled with our continuous aggressive dealer growth initiative, it’s an honor for us to be able to award these hard-working dealerships for achieving excellence every day in their sales and service practices. We are proud to have them represent our brand,” Monterey co-chairman Charles Marshall said in a statement.
The awards for highest-ranking scores for the Customer Satisfaction Index are:
1. Anchor Boat Sales, North East, Md.
2. Bayview Yacht Harbor, Ontario, Canada
3. Bill’s Marine, Portsmouth, Va.
4. Lighthouse Harbor Marina, Greentown, Pa.
5. Captain’s Marine, Kalispell, Mont.
6. McMillan Marine, Rochester, N.Y.
7. North Florida Yacht Sales, Jacksonville, Fla.
8. Don Hyde Marine, Ontario, Canada
9. Patsy’s Bay Marine, Stony Point, N.Y.
10. Semper Speed and Marine, Madera, Calif.
* * *
Neff Yacht Sales recently partnered with French-based Tender Shipyard SAS to represent its superyacht tenders, the company announced.
“People don't want to spend $50 million on a yacht and put a rubber or plastic tender on it. They want a tender built with the style and technology that matches what they just put in their new yacht,” Jared Neff, president of Neff Yacht Sales, said in a statement.
Tender Shipyard was founded by French yacht designer, builder and naval architect Philippe Cabon.