West Marine announced the winners of its annual Very Important Vendor Awards at the Company’s Watsonville (Calif.) Support Center.
The marine retailer said the awards celebrate vendors that continually seek to satisfy customers’needs and are innovative in their approach.
West Marine considered several factors when choosing the awards, including consistent excellence in product quality, sales growth and the helpfulness of their sales support staff.
“West Marine is proud to announce that Confluence has been selected as the Vendor of the Year at West Marine’s VIV Awards for 2014,” West Marine senior vice president of planning and replenishment Larry Smith said in a statement. “These awards demonstrate the commitment of our vendors to developing high-quality products and growing sales through enhanced collaborations, innovation and excellent customer service.”
The award winners for 2014 are:
• Vendor of the Year: Confluence
• Best Sales Growth: Jimmy Styks
• Best New Product: 70dv EchoMAP, Garmin
• Best Supply Chain Partner: Garmin
• Best Store Sales Support: Mike Luther, Big Rock Sports
• Best Port Supply Sales Support: Pettit
• Best Marketing and Merchandising Support: Sperry
• Best Vendor Representative: John Seals, Confluence