West Marine said it will hold the grand opening of its new flagship store in Sausalito, Calif., from July 31 to Aug. 3.
The retailer said the store’s parking lot will be transformed into a waterlife show, with boats and marine-related schools and clubs. In-store events will include tips from experts, electronics demonstrations, door-buster deals, giveaways and raffles.
The new store is at 192 Donahue St. in the Marin Gateway Shopping Center.
At more than 25,000 square feet, the new store is the largest West Marine in northern California and is more than double the size of the previous location.
“San Francisco Bay is known for having phenomenal sailing, and we will continue to be the first stop for racers and cruisers, but for the first time this store will also be able to support our customers who enjoying angling and kayaking,” general manager David Forbes said in a statement. “We’ll have more of everything, from engine parts to sportswear to foul weather gear.”
Merchandise at the new store will include:
• A large assortment of paddlesports equipment, including stand-up paddling and kayak gear
• 6,000 feet of core boating products and a 1,200-square-foot Sail Hardware Shop and a dedicated engine parts counter
• A 1,350-square-foot Fishing and Bait Shack, including tackle gear specifically selected for fishing on San Francisco Bay, offshore and in the Delta
• 5,500 square feet of apparel, footwear and accessories
• State-of-the art electronic display showcasing the latest in navigation and communication technology.