The Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation, the National Marine Manufacturers Association and the Marine Retailers Association of the Americas will launch the second year of the Get On Board consumer campaign during National Fishing & Boating Week, June 5-13.
As record sales and participation in boating and fishing continues, the second-year collaboration among the three industry groups remains focused on recruiting and retaining boating and fishing newcomers this summer.
“More Americans are discovering fishing and boating are not only fun activities the whole family can enjoy close to home, but also a lifeline to wellness,” Stephanie Vatalaro, senior vice president of marketing and communications for RBFF said in a statement. “This year we will continue to encourage people from all walks of life to get outside and enjoy fishing and boating to boost their mental health. These efforts will support our industry with new customers and sales, and the critical conservation programs that are funded by participation.”
Following the success of the first-of-its-kind industry collaboration in 2020 between RBFF’s Take Me Fishing and NMMA and MRAA’s Discover Boating, this year’s integrated campaign will include:
• TV and radio public service announcements (PSA) featured across thousands of stations and networks, including Disney and ABC affiliates, ESPN and more, plus paid advertising and digital marketing.
• A satellite media tour and press outreach leveraging new national media spokesperson Dr. Jessica Clemons, MD, board-certified psychiatrist and leader in mental health and wellness.
• Influencer program with a diverse group of 60+ social media content creators.
• Custom blog and video content through media companies, including Hearst, Buzzfeed and Complex to connect with new audiences.
• Social media promotion across Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and TikTok.
“With demand for boating and fishing at record highs we’re seeing younger, more diverse first-time buyers and participants, signaling that our industry is making inroads as we work to welcome the next generation . . . while nurturing the newcomers who entered the market in 2020,” said NMMA senior vice president of marketing and communications Ellen Bradley.
A variety of free, customizable Get on Board campaign tools (including social media assets, retention tools, promotional videos, press materials and more) are available to the marine industry.
“We’ve seen how uniting the industry to help amplify our collective voice has yielded unprecedented campaign results and attracted new participants with three million new fishing license sales and record new boat sales in 2020,” said Matt Gruhn, President of MRAA.
For more info, send email to Bruna Carincotte, RBFF’s director of public relations and communications at firstname.lastname@example.org; and Maggie Maskery, NMMA’s director of consumer public relations at email@example.com.