The Boat Owners Association of The United States made three key appointments to its National Advisory Council.
They include Lenora Clark, Anne Sacks and Col. Terry West.
Clark is vice chair of the California Boating and Waterways Commission and Sacks is president of the statewide advocacy group Recreational Boaters of California. West is president of the National Association of State Boating Law Administrators and hails from Georgia.
The council was created more than 30 years ago to advise and guide the more than half-million-member association on federal and state issues critical to recreational boaters.
"Both Lenora and Anne bring a vital West Coast perspective to our Advisory Council, while Terry offers important contributions from the law enforcement side," BoatU.S. president Nancy Michelman said in a statement. "Now that they are on our advisory council, boaters in every state of the nation will benefit from their leadership, expertise and enthusiasm," she added.
Members of the BoatU.S. National Advisory Council include:
* John Bonds, former executive director, U.S. Sailing
* Steven M. Budar, past national commodore, U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary
* Kris Carroll, president, Grady-White Boats
* Lenora Clark, vice chair, California Boating and Waterways Commission
* Dean Travis Clarke, executive editor, Sport Fishing and Marlin magazines
* Doris Colgate, president, Offshore Sailing School
* Wolcott "Tony" Gibbs Jr., former editor of Yachting and Current Council Chairman
* Jim Ellis, former president, BoatU.S.
* Chuck Hawley, vice president of product information, West Marine
* Charles Husick, former president, Chris-Craft Boats
* Elbert "Mack" Maloney, author, Chapman's and Dutton's
* Ernest G. Marshburn, SN, past chief commander, U.S. Power Squadrons
* Col. Terry West, president, National Association of State Boating Law Administrators
* Admiral Robert Nelson, vice commandant, U.S. Coast Guard (retired)
* Anne Sacks, president, Recreational Boaters of California
* Richard Schwartz, BoatU.S. chairman and founder