Pelican Products appointed Sharon Ward director of public and media relations.
Ward brings more than 20 years of branding, marketing and sales experience to the position. She oversees all Pelican corporate communications activities and acts as the company's official spokeswoman. Additional responsibilities include the oversight of advertising, marketing research, major corporate initiatives and brand management.
Ward's career highlights include a key role in the development and execution of the communications plan surrounding Pelican's $200 million acquisition of its nearest case competitor, Hardigg Industries. Through the years, she has managed aspects of Pelican's global product launches. Most significantly, she managed the exposure and communications of Pelican's globally recognized brand, the company said.
"Sharon's leadership in raising Pelican's profile has been exceptional," said Joe Baltronis, vice president of worldwide marketing, in a statement. "Under her management, Pelican's public relations efforts have netted concrete and positive results that keep the company's name and brand in the news. I look forward to seeing her take these efforts to even higher levels in the coming years as we continue to grow as a global company."
* * *
The Apprenticeshop, a school for traditional boatbuilding and seamanship in Rockland, Maine, recently welcomed six new directors to its board.
- Craftsman and sailor Alec Brainerd, owner and founder of Artisan Boatworks in Rockport, Maine.
- James O'Leary, a former trial attorney in the Justice Department's civil rights division. He also was an assistant attorney general in Massachusetts.
- Journalist and yachtsman Aaron Porter, editor of Professional Boatbuilder, a magazine of WoodenBoat Publications.
- Steve Thomas, a green building advocate, writer and TV host.
- Hobbs White, a student representative.
- Sailor and businessman Bill Zierden, who is returning to the board after a four-year hiatus. A Naval Academy graduate, Zierden's career included time in the Navy and a stint on the faculty at the Darden School of Business at the University of Virginia.