Skip to main content

Chinese company finalizes Sunseeker purchase

Chinese commercial property and entertainment conglomerate Dalian Wanda Group completed the purchase of Sunseeker International Ltd. for 320 million pounds, or about $496 million.

Wanda now holds a 91.81 percent majority stake in the British yacht manufacturer. The remaining 8.19 percent is held by Sunseeker management.

“We are excited to embark on the next chapter in the development of Sunseeker’s business and look forward to building upon the company’s reputation of excellence,” Wanda chairman Wang Jianlin said in a statement. “Wanda is well-positioned to help Sunseeker capitalize on the trend we see for China and other growth markets to contribute significantly to global expansion in the luxury yacht sector over the next few years.”

Wanda announced its plan to buy Sunseeker in June. Under Wanda ownership, Sunseeker will remain a British company, based in Poole, Dorset, and will maintain its existing production bases in the U.K., along with its current work force. Wanda said the existing management will remain on the Sunseeker boards and company founder Robert Braithwaite will continue to be involved in the management of the business, providing continuity for the new model program being developed in Poole.

The purchase follows Wanda’s $2.6 billion acquisition of U.S.-based AMC Entertainment Holdings in 2012.

Click here for the full release.

Related

AdobeStock_131758074

Rays of Light

A key indicator of U.S. consumer confidence rose for the first time in four months in August as the economy added 315,000 jobs.

1_YANMAR

Yanmar Announces Sales, Marketing Hires

The company has hired Bas Eerden as global sales manager and Michele Durkin as global marketing manager.

AdobeStock_99701994

So, You Want To Be a Yacht Broker

Tips to help build a network through an online presence which is essential to success

1_HURRICANE.IAN

Ian Explodes Into Category 4 Hurricane

The historic hurricane is expected to make landfall this afternoon between Naples and Venice, Fla.

1_PREMIER.MARINE

Premier Marine Announces New Minnesota Facility

The pontoon builder recently completed a 150,000-square-foot building with new corporate offices and expanded manufacturing facilities.

1_SCOUT.BOATS

Scout Boats Recognizes Top Dealers

Seven Seas Yacht Sales of Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., was recognized as the boatbuilder’s top dealer worldwide.

1_TOWBOAT.PINK

TowBoatUS Vessels Go Pink

Five of TowBoatUS’s response fleet are going pink for the month of October to help increase breast cancer awareness on the water.

1_BTN.CHART

Fork in the Channel

Boat registration totals for July mostly revealed considerable weakness compared with a year earlier, and tumbled back into a steeper downtrend than the prior month’s comparisons.

1_PULSE1

Inflation Stymies Boat Sales

Inventories of new and used boats are improving at the retail level but are still considered comparatively lean, according to the results of the monthly Pulse Report survey.