The Connecticut Marine Trades Association recently elected 2012-13 officers at its 58th annual membership meeting at the Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Conn.
They will serve a one-year term, beginning in July. The trade group also elected five directors who will serve three-year terms, joining four current directors.
The new officers are:
• Chairman, Robert Petzold, Petzold's Marine Center Inc., Portland
• Vice chairman, John Johnson, Thames River Properties, New London
• Second vice chairman, Dawn Schieferdecker, Essex Island Marina
• Secretary/treasurer, David Crocker, Crocker's Boatyard Inc., New London
• Chairman emeritus, Kathleen Burns, Noank Shipyard Inc., Groton
The new directors are:
• Tasha Cusson, Atlantic Outboard Inc., Westbrook
• D.G. Fitton, Marine Special Products Group, Essex
• Tom Kehlenbach, Sea Tow Central Connecticut, Old Saybrook
• Don MacKenzie, Boats Inc., Niantic
• John Parunak, Parunak Financial, Essex
The current directors are:
• Glen Abrahamsson, Old Lyme Marina, Old Lyme
• Ned Ahlborn, Brewer Yacht Yard at Mystic
• Joe Boccia, East Coast Trailers LLC, Westbrook
• Sam Crum, NIA Group LLC, Milford
• Bryan Douglas, G&R Marine LLC, South Windsor
• Anne Duhaime, Guilford Boat Yards Inc., Guilford
• Ron Helbig, Noank Village Boatyard, Groton
• Bill Gardella Jr., Rex Marine Inc., Norwalk
"CMTA is a long-standing association of marine businesses concentrating on legislative, regulatory and recreational issues to improve boating in Connecticut and ensuring member compliance," chairman-elect Robert Petzold, of Petzold's Marine Center, said in a statement. "With the economy finally turning around, our concerns are still with the actions of the legislature as they deal with tight funding and their history with business. Our hope is they recognize that small businesses are the economic drivers in our state."