The University of Rhode Island is holding a workshop to promote the environmental sustainability of boats and ports on April 8-9 at the Graduate School of Oceanography in Narragansett, R.I.
The "Green Boats and Ports for Blue Waters" workshop seeks to facilitate communication among academia, government agencies and private industry involved in the environmental sustainability of ships, boats and ports.
Participants will exchange information and develop sustainability recommendations for the operation of existing and future ships and the construction of future ports and other marine facilities.
Featured presentations include:
• Use of biofuels and biolubricants
• Hybrid tug design and operation
• Environmental classification for vessels
• Environmental assessment of new research vessels
• Environmental sustainability in the cruise industry
• Green marinas in Rhode Island
• Port development and sea level rise
• Ship energy audits
The $100 event rate is being waived for members of the Connecticut Marine Trades Association.