The International Council of Marine Industry Associations has introduced quarterly reports on developments in the European Union, including updates on key policies and files that can affect the marine leisure sector. National Marine Manufacturers Association members can access the reports at NMMA.org.
According to ICOMIA, the report includes analysis of policy developments, political debates, decisions and positions of relevant stakeholders plus strategic analysis.
Some of the topics covered in the report include the following:
- Ship Recycling Regulation
- Biocidal Products Regulation (EU) No 528/2012
- Port Reception Facilities for ship-generated waste and cargo residues + Updates on EU Port Services Regulation
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive 2008/56/EC
- Water Framework Directive, Groundwater Directive And Bathing Water Directive
- Commission Revision of Regulation (EU) 2015/757 on the monitoring, reporting and verification of CO2 emissions from maritime transport
- Directive 2004/37/EC on the protection of workers from the risks related to carcinogens and mutagens at work
- EU Timber Regulation
- EU – US Trade War, Brexit and other Trade Issues (Including Agreements with Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam and MERCOSUR).