The National Marine Manufacturers Association and Boating Writers International announced judges for the 2011 Miami International Boat Show and Strictly Sail Innovation Awards.
The awards will be presented during the NMMA State of the Recreational Boating Industry Breakfast at 7:30 a.m. Feb. 17 at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
The annual Innovation Awards honor the most original boats and consumer products and are the boating industry's highest honor for product excellence.
The Innovation Awards judges' committee is composed of BWI members who perform product testing throughout the year and have expertise in marine products and equipment. The committee's chairman is Alan Wendt, editor of Marine CEO.
Rounding out the panel of judges for this year's Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail Innovation Awards are:
- Zuzana Prochazka, president, BWI; editor, TalkoftheDock.com; technical editor, Latitudes & Attitudes; and blogger for Boatermouth.com
- Diane Byrne, editor, Megayacht News; contributor to Superyacht Business, Super Yacht World, and Yachting; blogger for BoaterMouth.com
- Roger McAfee, contributor to Pacific Yachting, Sea, Southern Boating, Lakeland Boating and ShowBoats International magazines
- Robert Buller, equipment editor for Pacific Yachting
- Lenny Rudow, content editor for EarthSports.com; electronics editor for Boat U.S. and Marlin; blogger for BoaterMouth.com; freelancer
- Jack Horner, naval architect, certified marine surveyor and contributor to BoatU.S., SpinSheet, Offshore, Sailing and Chesapeake Bay magazines.