Sail magazine announced the winners of its 2012 Best Boats Awards in the December issue.
The award winners are:
• Flagship monohull: Passport Vista 545 CC
• Cruising monohull under 50 feet: Bavaria Cruiser 45
• Cruising multihull under 50 feet: Leopard 44
• Performance, 30 feet and under: VX One Design
• Performance, 30 feet and over: Farr 400 One Design
• Daysailer: BayRaider 20
• Accommodations: Com-Pac CP 23 Pilothouse
• Systems: Southerly 49
• Deck and cockpit: Outremer 49
After having closely examined each of the Best Boats nominees at the Newport and Annapolis shows, the judges — Nigel Calder, Adam Cort, Charles Doane, Tom Dove, Peter Nielsen and David Schmidt — arrived at the list of winners.
“With such a collection of new models, the judges had their work cut out for them,” editor Peter Nielsen said in a statement. “It's great to see builders continually innovating and improving.”