Marine Industries Association of South Florida president Danielle Butler announced the election of two new members to the 13-member board.
Walter B. Duke III of Walter Duke + Partners and Gail Ellis of Land ‘n’ Sea Distributing, Inc., were elected by the membership to serve a two-year term.
“Walter’s public service as a former commissioner and mayor of Dania Beach and Gail’s 30-plus years in marine sales add a high level of experience to an already dynamic board of directors,” Butler said in a statement. “We are pleased to welcome them aboard and look forward to another great year promoting and protecting the marine industry and its 136,000 jobs and $11.5 billion economic impact to the South Florida region.”
Also, re-elected for another term are Bert Fowles of IGY Marinas, Dean Du Toit of National Marine Suppliers, and Larry Acheson of TowBoatUS Ft. Lauderdale.
The 2016-2017 MIASF executive officers and board of directors:
- President, Danielle Butler of Luxury Law Group
- Vice President, David Reed of The Triton
- Secretary/Treasurer, Jim Naugle of Jim Naugle & Co.
- Immediate past president, Kristy Hebert of Ward’s Marine Electric
- Larry Acheson of TowBoatUS Ft. Lauderdale
- James Brewer of Derecktor Shipyards
- Dean Du Toit of National Marine Suppliers
- Walter B. Duke III of Walter Duke + Partners
- Gail Ellis of Land ‘n’ Sea Distributing
- Paul Engle of Bradford Marine
- Bert Fowles of IGY Marinas
- Jimmie Harrison of Frank & Jimmie’s Propeller Shop
- John Terrill of Lauderdale Marine Center