The North American Sober Skipper Advisory Council has appointed six boating-industry professionals to serve on the council.
The new members will collaborate with existing council members on strategies to promote greater awareness and adoption of consumer boating safety. The council also promotes and judges the organization’s annual National Boating Industry Safety Awards.
“We received a record number of nominations for new term appointments and were very pleased by both the enthusiastic response and the outstanding qualifications of the slate of candidates,” Sea Tow Foundation executive director Gail R. Kulp said in a statement. “Our six new council members help to round out representation from throughout the recreational marine industry.”
New members will serve a two-year term, which began on June 1. The new appointees are:
• Shannon Aronson, marketing and PR director, American Boat and Yacht Council
• Laura Barry, regional vice president, west coast, West Marine
• Capt. Bob May, owner/producer, Bob’s No Wake Zone Boating Radio Show
• Adam Quandt, managing editor/Top 100 program director, Boating Industry
• Scott Rath, general manager, Uflex USA, Inc.
• Chad Tokowicz, government relations manager, Marine Retailers Association of the Americas
The council’s executive committee includes Kristen Frohnhoefer, Sea Tow Services International; Gail R. Kulp, Sea Tow Foundation; and Wanda Kenton Smith, Kenton Smith Marketing.