The National Marine Electronics Association named Garmin manufacturer of the year, and 20 products earned top honors in separate awards competitions at the group’s conference and expo, held last week in Orlando, Fla.
A panel of independent judges named Shadow-Caster’s Light Commander Best New Product and gave NMEA’s Technology Award to Furuno for its NavNet TZT16F.
NMEA members also voted online in 18 categories for the Product of Excellence Awards.
“On behalf of the NMEA board of directors, staff and membership body, we congratulate all 2021 award winners,” Mark Reedenauer, NMEA president and executive director, said in a statement. “The entrant count for the Best New Product Award exceeded our expectations, which sends the message that there is extreme value for manufacturers to introduce new products at the NMEA Conference, where only the trade can view these new innovations.”
Product of Excellence winners:
• Marine VHF: Icom M605
• Radar: Furuno DRS4DNXT
• Satellite Communications Antenna: KVH TracPhone V30
• Multifunction Display: Garmin GPSMAP 8616xsv
• Multimedia Entertainment: Fusion Apollo MS-RA770
• NMEA 2000 Sensor: Furuno SCX20 satellite compass
• Marine PC Software: Nobeltec TimeZero Pro
• Marine Apps-Utility: Garmin ActiveCaptain
• Marine Specialty: Furuno CSH8LMK2 Omni sonar
• Satellite TV Antenna: KVH TracVision UHD7
• Fishfinder: Furuno DFF3D multibeam sonar
• Marine Camera: Teledyne/FLIR M364C
• AIS: Furuno FA170 Class A
• Autopilot: Garmin Reactor 40 with SmartPump v2
• Remote Monitoring: Maretron N2KView
• Safety Device: Garmin GPSMAP 86sci handheld
• Commercial: Furuno FAR2228BB IMO radar
• Wi-Fi/Cellular Device: KVH TracPhone LTE-1
Judges for the technology and new-product awards were Brian Swanke of CWR Distribution, Ben Stein of Panbo, Max Stein of Max Marine Electronics and Marine Electronics Journal editor Jim Fullilove.