Marine electronics experts named 11 products in nine categories as winners of the 2014 National Marine Electronics Association Product Awards.
Once again, Furuno USA was named Manufacturer of the Year for Support. Furuno also won for multifunction display, fishfinder and radar.
The winners were announced at the Oct. 8-11 NMEA International Marine Electronics Conference & Expo at the Sanibel Harbour Marriott in Fort Myers, Fla.
Nearly 400 marine electronics manufacturers, dealers and distributors, as well as media and others from the United States and abroad attended the event.
"We want to congratulate all of the award recipients," NMEA managing director Mark Reedenauer saidin a statement. "We know these awards mean a lot to every employee within their respective organizations. I have seen this firsthand, as the NMEA awards are hanging on the walls when I have visited NMEA manufacturers around the globe. We want to thank all of the manufacturers who relay this message of company pride and ownership to their employees back home."
• Multifunction display: Furuno NavNet TZtouch TZT14
• Autopilot: a tie between the Garmin GHP20 and GHC20 and the SmartPump Raymarine Evolution System
• Fishfinder: Furuno FCV587 Color LCD
• Radar: Furuno NavNet TZtouch TZTBB with DRS6A UHD
• Satellite communications antenna:KVH TracPhoneV3IP
• Marine VHF radio: Icom IC-M506 Marine Transceiver
• Satellite TV antenna: KVH TracVision TV1
• Computer-based software: Nobeltec TimeZero Catch
• Marine specialty: a tie between FLIR MD-625 Thermal Camera System and the GOSTWatch HD app
• Manufacturer of the Year, Support:Furuno USA