The National Marine Manufacturers Association provides an in-depth look at the state of the boating industry through the latest Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract, released this week.
The abstract highlights boat sales and participation data from 2008, including the following:
- marine expenditures, such as the economic impact of all boating sales and service
- total new boat unit and dollar sales for traditional powerboats, canoes, kayaks, personal watercraft, and sailboats on national, regional and state levels and aftermarket accessory sales
- the average price of a new boat and the average price of a new boat, outboard and trailer package
- the number of boats in use
- boating participation and comprehensive demographics data of current and past boat owners
- boat and engine exports and imports from 2008 back to 1996
- used boat sales and trends on national, regional and state levels
- key economic data and trends, including the impact of fuel prices on boating, how consumer confidence impacted the industry, RV sales compared to boat sales, and boater expenditures
- data from the Boating Access Surveillance and Indexing System, a new industry program that measures changes in boating access
"The 2008 Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract is one of our industry's most comprehensive summaries of statistics and provides an in-depth look at boating trends, how the industry fared in 2008 as well as its impact on the national economy," said James Petru, NMMA director of industry statistics and research, in a statement. "We expanded this year's abstract to include the Boating Access Surveillance and Indexing System, which measures changes in boating access and will be crucial data for us to continue analyzing moving forward."
The 2008 Recreational Boating Statistical Abstract is being offered on DVD this year, instead of printed versions. The cost is $225 for NMMA members in good standing and $950 for non-members.
Contact NMMA fulfillment coordinator Chris Keil at (312) 946-6209 or firstname.lastname@example.org.