The National Marine Manufacturers Association will recognize the most innovative boats and consumer products at the Miami International Boat Show & Strictly Sail, set for Feb. 11-15 at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
The Innovation Awards program, organized by the NMMA and judged by Boating Writers International, is the recreational boating industry's highest honor for product excellence.
The deadline to submit entries is Jan. 22.
Products are being considered in the following categories for 2010:
* Runabouts and Fishing Craft to 24 feet
* Cruisers (25 to 140 feet including fishing craft)
* PWC, jet boats, pontoon boats
* Inflatables, small boats (up to 15 feet) and tenders
* Sailboats (mono, multihull)
* Docking and fendering equipment
* Consumer electronics and software
* Consumer personal gear and soft goods
* Consumer installed non-electronic hardware
New categories for 2010 are: Safety equipment and Water sports and equipment.
All boats entered in the Innovation Awards must be NMMA certified.
One product may also be honored with the Environmental Innovation Award, recognizing an environmentally-friendly product that benefits the entire industry and consumers.
Participants can be included in pre-event promotional efforts. Cost to participate is $200. Please e-mail Melissa Gurniewicz for information or call (312) 946-6281.