Registration is open for a free webinar to discuss issues pertinent to the marine industry for the upcoming 2016 American Boating Congress, which is set to take place May 9-11 in Washington, D.C.
The one-hour webinar, scheduled for April 28 at 1 p.m., will include presentations by the National Marine Manufacturers Association’s government relations staff. They will review the recreational boating industry’s most important policy issues and talk about the best way to communicate them to lawmakers during Capitol Hill visits, according to the NMMA.
The issues include:
- Developments on ethanol policy and the NMMA's ongoing effort to reform the Renewable Fuel Standard, which dictates the amount of ethanol blended into the overall fuel supply
- Legislative work surrounding recreational fishing issues, including the Magnuson-Stevens Act
- Workforce development within the recreational boating industry
- The impact of trade barriers and new markets for growth
- Tax issues that will affect the bottom line
- Information about the NMMA's work on boating access in key locations
- The latest on policy related to preventing the spread of invasive species
- Information on the NMMA’s new group Hill meetings, and how to participate
- A reintroduction to the NMMA’s smartphone app, keeping participants up to date on ABC events as they happen