Sail magazine has named the winners of its 2019 Best Boats Awards in its December issue.
“Once again, the boatbuilding industry has proved to be nothing less than amazing in the way it never seems to run out of fresh ideas, something that is readily apparent in Sail’s Best Boats contest,” Adam Cort, executive editor of Sail, said in a statement. “As always, congratulations not just to this year’s Best Boats winner, but to an entire industry that simply refuses to rest on its laurels. I’m already looking forward to seeing what’s next.”
This year’s judges included Cort, Sail’s cruising editor Charles J. Doane, the magazine’s charter editor Zuzana Prochazka, veteran boat reviewer Tom Dove and Sail contributing editor Tom Hale.
The winners of SAIL's 2019 Best Boats Awards are as follows:
- Best Large Monohull 50ft and above: X-Yachts Xp 55 (x-yachts.com)
- Best Large Multihull 50ft and above: Neel 51 (neel-trimarans.com)
- Best Monohull Cruising Boat 40 to 50ft: Wauquiez Pilot Saloon 42 (wauquiez.com)
- Best Multihull Cruising Boat 40 to 50ft: Lagoon 50 (cata-lagoon.com)
- Best Cruising Monohull Under 40ft: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 319 (jeanneauamerica.com)
- Best Performance Boat over 30ft: Figaro Beneteau 3 (beneteau.com/us)
- Best Performance Boat under 30ft: RS21 (rssailing.com)
- Best Small Cruiser: F22 Trimaran (f-boat.com; daedalusyachts.com)
- Best Daysailer: Beneteau First 14 (beneteau.com/us)
- Best Systems: Hylas 48 (hylasyachts.com)
- Honorable Mention: Zephyr Wing-sail Tri (zephyrsail.com)
For online coverage, including editorial video of some of the winners, visit sailmagazine.com.