Sail magazine announced the eight winners of its 2021 Best Boats Awards.
“Given the pandemic and lack of boat shows, we weren’t entirely sure we were going to be able to pull it off,” principal editor Adam Cort said in a statement. “In the end, our 2021 Best Boats contest far exceeded any of our expectations, both in terms of the number of boats we were able to sail and the boats themselves. A special thanks and congratulations not only to our winners, but the boatbuilding industry as a whole for doing such a great job in these trying times.”
• Best Large Monohull 50 feet and above: Dufour 530
• Best Large Multihull 50 feet and above: Seawind 1600
• Best Monohull Cruising Boat under 50 feet: Beneteau Oceanis 40.1
• Best Multihull Cruising Boat under 50 feet: Excess 11
• Best Performance Boat over 30 feet: X-Yachts X4
• Best Performance Boat 30 feet or less: Dehler OD30
• Best Daysailer: Happy Cat Hurricane
• Best Systems: Dehler OD30
In addition to Cort, the judging panel included charter editor Zuzana Prochazka, contributing editor Tom Hale and veteran boat-reviewer Tom Dove.
Sail and Soundings Trade Only are part of Active Interest Media’s Marine Group.