Sail magazine announced the winners of its 2022 Best Boats Award, which evaluated every sailboat that made a U.S. debut the last year.
The judging panel included principal editor Adam Cort, managing editor Lydia Mullan, charter editor Zuzana Prochazka, cruising editor Charles J. Doane, and Best Boats editors Tom Dove and Tom Hale. (Sail and Soundings Trade Only are part of Active Interest Media’s Marine Group.)
“This year’s Best Boats contest has been a special one for a number of reasons,” Cort said in a statement. “Not only was it great to be able to check out the many candidates at boat shows again, but the industry overcame the many difficulties it continues to face to bring out some truly outstanding new boats. The result is as a strong a class of Best Boats winners as we’ve seen in years.”
The winners are:
• Flagship, Monohull (51 feet and up): Dufour 61
• Flagship, Multihull (51 feet and up): Kinetic 54
• Cruising Monohull (41-50 feet): Elan GT6
• Cruising Multihull (41-50 feet): Balance 482
• Cruising Monohull (31-40 feet): Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 380
• Performance Boat (more than 31 feet): Grand Soleil 44
• Daysailer: J/9
• Best Systems: Hylas 57
• Special Mention: Arey’s Pond 14 XFC
Click here for reviews of the winning boats.