Sail magazine announced its 2022 Best Boats Awards program, which includes every new boat that made a U.S. debut during the last year.
“As difficult as the past year and a half has been, the boatbuilding industry never once gave up, and Sail magazine’s Best Boats class of 2022 is one of the strongest ever, with a wide range of great new designs,” principal editor Adam Cort said in a statement. (Sail and Soundings Trade Only are part of Active Interest Media’s Marine Group.)
The Best Boats nominees can be seen here. Winners of will be featured in the January issue and online.
The awards are given in 10 categories:
• Flagship, Monohull (51 feet and up)
• Flagship, Multihull (51 feet and up)
• Cruising Multihull (41-50 feet)
• Cruising Monohull (41-50 feet)
• Cruising Multihull (31-40 feet)
• Cruising Monohull (31-40 feet)
• Small Cruiser (less than 30 feet)
• Performance Boat (more than 31 feet)
• Performance Boat (less than 30 feet)
Judges also can make special designations for exceptional design and execution in accommodations, systems, decks, cockpits and other areas.
For details on the Best Boats program, contact Cort at firstname.lastname@example.org.