Sea Tow Services International Inc. honored members of its national network for outstanding customer service and dedication to boating safety at an awards banquet last Tuesday.
The event was a highlight of the organization’s 2017 annual meeting, which brought Sea Tow operators to the Embassy Suites Downtown Convention Center in Tampa, Fla., from Tuesday through Friday.
“Our 2017 Sea Tow Award winners all meet or exceed the goals we set for the Sea Tow network as a whole: outstanding customer service, the best business practices, boating safety advocacy and involvement in the local community,” Sea Tow CEO Kristen Frohnhoefer said in a statement. “Our congratulations go to all of them, as well as to their Sea Tow captains and support teams back home.”
Frohnhoefer presented the following awards:
- Sea Tow Franchise of the Year, awarded to the franchise that most exemplifies the company’s high standards of service and operation, awarded to Sea Tow Table Rock Lake (Mo.), owned by Capt. Jim Pulley.
- The Georgia Frohnhoefer Award, named after Sea Tow’s executive vice president and honoring an outstanding woman in the Sea Tow network each year, was presented to Capt. Nancy Ellett of Sea Tow Smith Mountain Lake (Va.).
- Sea Tow Rookie of the Year went to Sea Tow Cape and Islands (Mass.), owned by Capt. Ramsey Chason.
- The Sea Tow Foundation Hero Award, presented to the franchisee who most exemplifies the foundation’s mission to promote boating safety, went to the team at Sea Tow Charlotte Harbor (Fla.). Capt. Mike DeGenaro, owner of the franchise, accepted the award.
- The Sea Tow Shipmate Award, presented to the franchise owner who exemplifies enthusiasm, supportive attitude and willingness to help fellow franchisees, was presented to Capt. Joe McGuiness of Sea Tow Eastern Connecticut.