Confident Captain/Ocean Pros teamed up with Safe/Sea to offer 2015 Youth Powerboat Camps in Rhode Island.
After launching last year, the U.S. Powerboating-certified Youth Powerboat camps will be expanded this year.
The Youth Powerboat Camp is a two-day course with lecture and hands-on-based training. Students will operate 17- to 22-foot center console outboard boats with the captains at Safe/Sea and Confident Captain/Ocean Pros.
Additionally, each camp will have a third day with optional advanced powerboat handling sessions for attendees who want to further refine their boating skills.
All participants who successfully complete the course will receive a National Association of State Boating Law Administrators safe boating certificate, a Rhode Island state boating license and US Powerboating Start Powerboating Right certification.
- July 6-7, Wickford (with optional advanced boat handing on July 8)
- July 13-14, Warwick (with optional advanced boat handing on July 15)
- July 20-21, South Kingstown (with optional advanced boat handing on July 22)
- Aug. 3-4, Portsmouth (with optional advanced boat handling on Aug. 5)
- Aug. 10-11, Tiverton (with optional advanced boat handling on Aug. 12)
Confident Captain also will offer this program for marinas and yacht club administrators who would like to host it for their own members.