British Marine said it will organize an Expo in March 2019. The U.K. boating industry association said the event would provide an important business-to-business forum for companies in the recreational and commercial boating industries. The event will take place in the Solent area.
The association said that future annual editions will move “road show” style to other areas of the U.K.
“We are passionate about showcasing and connecting all sectors of the marine industry,” said Paul Martin, chair of the British Marine Trades Association, in a statement. “Our committee is strongly backing British Marine’s efforts to make the Expo a brilliant new addition to the calendar. We are convinced it will offer many opportunities for British Marine associations and companies.”
The program is expected to include:
- Supply Chain Conference: one day of informative and focused presentations
- Meet The Buyer: with U.K. and international buyers
- Superyacht UK Technical Seminar: a full day of presentations
- Marine Trade Showcase: 30 booths for companies to display products and services
- British Marine Trades Awards Dinner: an annual networking event
- Meeting and training opportunities for associations
The statement said that more details would be announced.