Judges have been announced for the 2009 North American Marine Industry Web Awards, and the deadline to enter has been extended to Feb. 10.
Judges include Jorian Clarke, Adam Heneghan, Larry Rains, and Fernando Regueiro.
Clarke is founder and CEO of SpectraCom, a Milwaukee-based interactive marketing agency focusing on strategic developments in market research, marketing, sales and electronic publishing. He is frequently requested as a conference speaker by world-renowned organizations such as Internet World, Comdex, @dTech, ARF, DCI and others.
Heneghan is president of Elevation, a Chicago-based digital agency that includes the Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Discover Boating and Orbitz as clients. Prior to founding Elevation in 2001, Heneghan was co-founder and president of Giant Step, an Internet professional services provider that worked with high-profile clients such as United Airlines, Proctor & Gamble and Lexis Nexis.
Rains is the marketing manager of Boats.com and YachtWorld.com. He is a regular presenter at industry events, helping educate yacht brokers regarding best practices for list creation and how to maintain an effective online presence. Prior to working with Boats.com and YachtWorld.com, Rains owned a Web development company that specialized in creating easy-to-use and effective sites for small businesses in the United States and Brazil.
Regueiro is the director of Internet services for the NMMA and leads the team responsible for development and maintenance of more than 45 Web sites under the NMMA umbrella. Regueiro also directly manages the development and coordination of online strategies for the largest marine industry initiative, Grow Boating.
The Marine Industry Web Awards recognize companies that lead the North American marine industry’s drive toward higher standards of excellence in Web site design and content. Awards will be given in the following categories, two of which are new for 2009:
• Best OEM/Manufacturer Site: For boat manufacturer Web sites that demonstrate creativity in design, ease of navigation and up-to-date, relevant content.
• Best Marine Equipment Site: For equipment manufacturer Web sites that demonstrate creativity in design, ease of navigation and up-to-date, relevant content.
• Best Dealer/Broker Site: For power- and sailboat dealer and broker Web sites that demonstrate creativity in design, ease of navigation and up-to-date, relevant content.
• Best Marine Site — Editorial Content (new): Open to any marine site with editorial content that engages, informs, promotes and compels action.
• Best Marine Site — Discover Boating (new): Open to any marine site with content that embraces and supports the Discover Boating ethos.
To nominate a company or an individual, complete the online application on the Web Awards site, which includes all relevant award information.
Winners will be featured in a special section in the April issue of Soundings Trade Only.
Boats.com and YachtWorld.com are divisions of Norfolk, Va.-based Dominion Enterprises, which also is the parent company of Soundings Trade Only.