The Water Sports Industry Association’s annual summit wrapped up on February 28 in Steamboat Springs, Colo., with the group’s Leadership Awards.
The awards are handed out in an annual ceremony that recognizes industry leaders. The ceremony mad more than 200 attendees from the watersports industry including manufacturers and dealers. Below are some of the big winners from the evening:
- Marine Dealership of the Year: Boulder Boats
- Retail Shop of the Year: Performance Ski & Surf, Orlando, Fla.
- Sales Rep of the Year: Mark Gibbs, Centurion and Supreme Boats
- Camp/School of the Year: The Boarding School, Orlando, Fla.
- Wake Park of the Year: Action Wake Park, Hudsonville, Mich.
- Water Sports Innovation Awards: Roswell’s Triton Strapless Board Racks; Nautique’s Integrated Steering Assist; Liquid Force’s 4D Bindings; Centurion Boat’s Opti-V Hull Design; ZUP’s “You Got This” Board; Malibu’s Max Ballast L-Shape Ballast Tank and Plug-n-Play Controls; Cobe Mikacich’s Drop N Fill; and MasterCraft’s XStar Hull System.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Shannon Starling, president of the World Wake Association
- Larry Meddock Award: Danny “Dano” Amir, the official voice of the World Wake Association.