Are you looking for a change, new opportunity or challenge in the new year? Do you like flexibility, being part of a growing, dynamic and fun global team, are you ready to make your mark on a world-leading business? If you answered yes to the above then this is the job for you!
Propspeed USA Inc, is a proud manufacturer of the industry-leading foul-release coating, Propspeed. Our team is highly passionate, professional, dynamic and lives and breathes a winning mentality.
To support the growth in this territory and further drive the business to new heights, we are seeking an experienced, driven, self-starting sales and technical representative for the Mid-Atlantic territory - Maryland (MD), Virginia (VA), North Carolina (NC), South Carolina (SC) markets to represent our industry-leading product line.
The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent selling, communication, relationship building and networking skills. The ideal individual will be motivated by continuous improvement and solutions-based problem solving with a focus on driving sales growth with new business. This is a great opportunity for a talented motivated professional to join a world-leading brand, leverage their skill set, and network, to leave their mark on a growing company, and have fun doing so.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for year over year sales growth as set by VP of Sales Americas.
- Indirect and direct sale of products to commercial operators, distributors, shipyards, boatyards, boat builders, prop shops, boat dealerships, retailers and other aftermarket repair business.
- Develop a robust, high converting sales pipeline of new opportunities in the commercial and recreational sectors.
- Maintain and grow positive business relationships with existing key customers and new customers for long-term industry partnerships
- Ensure positive resolution of technical enquiries, customer problems, and complaints, turning challenges into opportunities to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Provide frequent online and in-person sales and technical “under a boat” application training/demos to distributors and customers.
- Excellent management and responsiveness of CRM, sales pipelines, monthly reporting, forecasting and other key sales-based company initiatives.
- Manage all in territory industry events such as trade shows, distributor shows, association events and regional events.
- Coordinate sales and marketing efforts and strategy with other regions and departments within the organization.
Experience and education required:
- 3-5 years of previous sales experience in the marine or coatings industry.
- Experience with boat yard business and marine distribution.
- Key account management experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of value proposition, presentations, marketing, value-based questioning and listening skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a priority on responsiveness.
- Excellent selling and negotiation skills.
- Confidant to put on a paint suit and do multiple application training/demos with customer.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Skilled in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, Dropbox, Zoom and CRM system.
- Solutions based attitude with a strong drive and self-starting mentality.
Nice to have
Familiarity with commercial marine regulations.
Understanding of government tender processes.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Strong Zoom and in-person presentation and training skills.
- High energy levels, focus and determination with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to embrace change and evolution.
- Ability to work as part of a dedicated team but take individual responsibility.
- Champion of a positive culture.
Travel and physical requirements:
The role requires constant travel to customers, which frequently includes overnight travel and extended driving time to customer sites. Additionally the role requires the ability to lift up to 30lbs and perform hands on applications of technical coatings in environments that require hours under a boat.
- Full-time employment with a great compensation packages
- Health / 401(k) with company match
- Quarterly bonus offered
- Generous paid time off
Call or email your CV’s to:
VP Sales America
847 372 8095